Sunday, March 23, 2014

Frantic finishing time

Time has just whizzed on by and suddenly it is the end of March and my exhibition now has a name and nearly all the pieces done.
Not All Who Wander Are Lost  will open on May 8 at Quadrant gallery in hawthorn - more details will come when the invites are published.
In the meantime I have a lot of work to be done - some of it boring but also a couple more pieces to come into being.
I still need to beaver away in the studio for a few weeks.
Living Quarter

Tread softly


I did, however, manage to fit in a little side job, creating an adornment for an opera singer. Jude will wear my creation over her gown while singing at the Horticulture Media Awards in Melbourne on Tuesday at the Plaza Ballroom. Hand dyed silk and wool. The cord is felted wool and the leaves and flowers are silk, machine and hand stitched.
  

1 comment: