Saturday, January 7, 2012

Holiday Activities

Well, here in Australia it is the lazy hazy days of summer, being a teacher I have a lovely long holiday at this time of year. This summer I have done lots of clearing out of stuff and made an attempt to do things I never get time for during the year.
Thus, I have made a quilt with the fabric I bought on a whim sometime ago - loved the colours - you know the drill. Anyway, as I am not really a quilt maker it is a quick quilt in style. Thought I'd share it with you. I started out thinking I would hand stitch it as I love the mediative nature of hand stitching, but true to self I took the faster option of straight machine quilt stitching instead.  Then it was finished and I could move on to the next thing on my list!



2 comments:

  1. Pretty greens and the orange really makes it pop!

    Hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Sally....yeah, go the machine !! Love it , might have to cobble one together myself..well, there is that one i started in uuum 1998 !!

    ReplyDelete